1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Licensed, bonded, insured

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by deltascapes, Sep 1, 2006.

1. deltascapes

deltascapes LawnSite Member

it as many illegal sprayers where you are?
  2. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Yes. Lots. They do get caught and it is up to $10k PER violation.
  3. deltascapes

deltascapes LawnSite Member

they dont get caught here the guys dont even try to hide i have even turned them into the plant board and talked to the co missioner of agriculture they are killing me with there prices

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

GOTTA HATE THAT you pay to play and the others dont
  5. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you think it's intentional, or due to ignorance?

Oregon has a bit of a loophole. If the pesticides are not resticted, and use is as little as 5% or so of the workload, and no motorized equipment, it requires no license, as long as it's not advertised for.

I was told that the loophole tightened slightly last year, but on the worst group to target. Apparently, licensed landscape contractors - who are heavily tested in landscaping, must get a license.

But the lawn and landscape maintenance providers without requirement for a license, bond or insurance, squeezed under the radar on that one.

It's been a bit rediculous to have that area left open for years like a wound.

If anyone in Oregon knows a bit more on this, I'd like to hear about it. My last major update was a college pesticides class two years ago. But I don't apply commercially. I just like to stay updated every now and then.