Licensed & Certified!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MacKenzie, Apr 1, 2003.

1. MacKenzie

MacKenzie LawnSite Member

Just wanted to post that I got news that I passed the pesticide applicators exam here in mass. & last month passed the Massachusetts Certified Landscape Professional exam.

Woohoo! Now the real test begins!

Just want to claim my five minutes of glory:D

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Congrats, you are half way there. Next comes insurance and then business license.

MATT

3. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats! It's a good feeling. I had a couple of people asking about fert apps so fast I had to call and find out if I passed the test so I could sell it!

4. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome-----Now the learning begins.

6. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

How was the test? I was thinking of taking it this year (last year I missed the deadline by the time I inquired about it). Did you buy the study materials from them? I was trying to figure out if it was worth it.

7. MacKenzie

drobson,

the test overall was fairly easy, mostly just use your common sense, and make sure you can read a pesticide label. However, there were quite a few questions on specific Mass laws which were pretty tough. I did purchase study materials through the University of Mass and took the two day study course ( I wasnt taking any chances of not passing ) which I found helpful.

If you mean were the study materials worth it - absolutely. If you mean is taking the exam worth it, then it all depends on whether you want to offer pest control services or not.

If you do decide to take the exam I would highly recommend the 2 day study course by Umass. The instructor virtually gives you 1/2 of the questions which you will encounter on the exam and goes into the details of Mass laws which you will need to know.

Hope this helps.

8. MacKenzie

Oh yeah,

Thanks for the support guys!!!

9. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Do they have an oral section in Ma???

10. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info Mark. I will at least get the study materials, that is what I was wondering if it was worth it or not. If I can I will take the course too, it sounds like it was very informative.