1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

licenses & permits

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bushvelt, Dec 1, 2005.

1. bushvelt

bushvelt LawnSite Member

:cool2: Hi guys, will be starting out this spring,getting organized. I'm accumulating equip. I've got used truck & trailer, still looking for ZTR. Will be sole owner S corp, but my attorney & accountant don't know anything about licensing &/or permits, if any, in my area of the country (Rochester, N. Y.):waving: . Can any body fill me in on requirements? I've been on the New York state web sight for small bus, but can't find any relevant info.
  2. git er done landscaping

git er done landscaping LawnSite Member

use the search on this site and keep trying different wording. i'm sure you will find alot. HTH
  3. bushvelt

bushvelt LawnSite Member

Thanks git er done. I guess I wasn't to clear. The search site was good, but I'm wondering about local permits. I think a license is only required if you put down chemicals the the homeowner can't buy domesticly? In other words,could I apply weed & feed that can be purchased @ home depot like Scotts?
  4. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

Most laws and correct me if I'm wrong state that wether it's homeowner produst or not in order to charge a fee you have to have the appropriate license.
  5. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Generally, if you're applying ANY pesticide (including weed n feed) you need a license from the state. Only licensed individuals can *purchase* Restricted Use pesticides, but you must have a license if you're *applying* anything. Check with your state agency for details, however.

Hope this helps!