licensing for fertilizer application

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by AK Lawn, Mar 17, 2002.

1. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

just wondering if i need to be licensed to spread fertilizer or if this is a bad question, i have never heard of being licensed to spread fert. till i became a member to the site. i have heard about this for spraying chemicals, how do i go about getting licensed to us fertilizer and possibly spraying, do any of you guys spray LV4 on lawns, it is a weed killer that is supposibly safe for grass. what kind of trouble can you get in if you spray chemicals without a license, i do not but a competitor does and we dont get along, a real shadey business, cuts every corner, but anyways thanks for your input!
    AK Lawn

2. You can spead fertilizer in Colorado w/o lisc. but no pesticides.
    Go to this site for the answers on what you'll need in this state.
    www.ag.state.co.us
    Also check Colorado Revised Statute 35-10-103, it is very specific about what not to apply (you can get this at a library)

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

In PA, if you are caught applying pesticides without a license the fine is $5,000! The department of agriculture are not nice people to deal with if you try to go against them!

4. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

But is it okay to just apply granual Fert. and Granual Lime, that is what i am wondering, i know that it is illegal to apply most sprays and pesticides
    Thanks for the feed back
    AK Lawn