Licensing in Kentucky?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Fire/Grass, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Fire/Grass

Fire/Grass LawnSite Member

I know I have to get a business license here in the county that i work in. I have been on the states web-page and found nothing with lawn care licensing. However, they do have stuff for landscaping, which I will not be doing. Other then filing a business name with the state anyone know of anything else. Have did a search and have had ZERO luck. Thanks for the input.

Travis

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Fire/Grass,

Here is a quote from this site which looks to be very helpful.

"Starting a new business can be a confusing process. There are over 1,800 business types and over 600 business licenses required from various agencies at the state level in Kentucky. Entrepreneurs can waste valuable time and resources determining which licenses are required for their particular type of business. The One-Stop Business Licensing Program was developed to cut through the 'red tape' by simplifying this process.

This program allows users to instantly receive a complete listing of all licenses that could be required at the state level. In addition to this streamlined process, users can obtain detailed information about the license or permit, such as the contact person in state government, the fees and requirements for the license, and hyperlinks to forms available on the Internet.

Begin your search!

Personal assistance can also be obtained by contacting the state Business Information Clearinghouse at 1-800-626-2250."

3. For doing spraying contact Kentucky department of agriculture, pesticide department. In Frankfort, Ky.

4. Fire/Grass

Fire/Grass LawnSite Member

Thanks JB. I'm only looking to cut grass. No landscaping or spraying at this time. If you know of anything else, let me know.

Thanks