Licensing in PA and bonding

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by impman2005, Oct 9, 2009.

1. impman2005

impman2005 LawnSite Member

Do you need to be licensed in PA for Lawn Care? What is bonding, btw? :hammerhead:

2. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Where are you at in PA?

3. harleysville7

harleysville7 LawnSite Member

You will need to register your business in Pa and will be required to collect Sales tax.
    Best bet is to go on a site like LEGALZOOM.COM and check out what is required...

4. impman2005

Thanks for the heads up. Legalzoom seems to be the ticket. But do you happen to know what bonding is?

5. impman2005

jeffslawnservice,
    I'm in Mercer county,so you can decide to help me or not, haha.

6. jeffslawnservice

Hahaha I was just wondering. I am in Northeast Philadelphia. I would ofer help but I am not licensed or insured yet. I will be doing that over the winter.

7. TSB group

TSB group LawnSite Member

Why would you not be insured? Guys, its not worth doing if your not doing it right! Protect yourself.

8. impman2005

How much insurance do you suggest? And what is bonding exactly?

9. jeffslawnservice

I am 17 (Don't worry I am not some other kid who low balls everything. I do good work for the proper price in my area.) and i can not legally get insurance but once i turn 18 I will definitly be licensed and insured.

10. harleysville7

harleysville7 LawnSite Member

The way I understand it is bonding is to protect yourself if you have an employees.

I believe it protects you and your company if an employee steals or damages a clients property..

Guy's chime in if this is not correct...