Licensing In Tulsa

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by PRISTINE LAWN SERVICE, Dec 3, 2005.

1. PRISTINE LAWN SERVICE

PRISTINE LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Member

Does anyone know who to contact in the Tulsa, Ok area to get licensed for chemical application?

2. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

3. PRISTINE LAWN SERVICE

There is an application on this site and it says I have to pay $50.00. Is there no class or test? There could be a lot of people out there doing everything all wrong. I thought the whole idea of the license was to make sure everyone knows what they are doing.

4. okgrassguy

okgrassguy LawnSite Member

Check out this link http://pested.okstate.edu/ You can order the study manuals for the different areas. Also gives you test dates and more info

5. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

are you sure that is for commercial certification? looks like the okstate site is for non-commercial application. i'm not certified in oklahoma though, so i wouldn't know for sure.

6. okgrassguy

They have manuals for private applicators, And all areas of commercial. Im planning on ordring them soon. There is a pdf order form so you can check off what you want and send the money

7. okgrassguy

8. okgrassguy

9. PRISTINE LAWN SERVICE

Thanks for the input guys. Okgrassguy that website only lists pesticides. Where do you go for fertilization? I would be doing more of that than anything.
    thanks

10. okgrassguy

since im not certified dont take anything I say as 100% sure buy I believe in Ok you dont need certification for straight fert . Feel free to slap me around and correct me:p