1. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

why dont dealers make lco present your license when you purchase their products. I think this would elimanate alot of lowballers that underbid us?

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Unless it's a restricted use product, how is the dealer to know what your intentions are? For all he knows, you could be a homeowner. Or just someone who likes to invest in chemicals!!!

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If that was the case, no one could buy anything unless they were licensed. There would be no such thing as a homeowner being able to take care of his own yard.

4. Green Side Lawn Care

maybe i did not make it very understandable but what i mean is commercial grade products like lesco, pbi and so on .

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

They are all the same. Anything that we buy at Lesco, UHS, or anywhere else, are products and the same exact ingredients that Joe Homeowner buys at Home depot. There is about nothing that is available to us that you can't buy at a garden store. The only difference is that most of what we are at a at higher concentrations per quantity. The only few that are the exception are RUP's, which aren't available at the big box stores. But with these, a license IS required to purchase.

6. wowmowwow

wowmowwow LawnSite Member

glad to see someone from around the corner on here....i was just doing research on "dimension" and see that a chem lic has to be obtained to purchase.
    thanks

7. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

thats for applicators in NY state. There is no buying restriction

8. Green Side Lawn Care

i know at my dealer they do not ask for a license to purchase dimension and other pesticides and weed and feed. that is my point. i do think anybody should be able to go to lowes and home depot and buy it there stuff dont work anyway it is slow....................release and they do that for a reason.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Same stuff...when ours is mixed (at the right rates), it is the same as the stuff you buy at the big box stores and mix up. It is all the same. Now and again we may have a product that has different chems in it that we would have to mix ourselves if we were to buy at HD or somewhere. It s all available, though. Home Depot even sells Dimension. Also, there really are no slow release pesticides.

10. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

Unless a particular product is restricted use (RUP) that responsibility doesn't fall on the dealers. All a dealer would get out of trying to be the ethics police is reduced revenue. They need to sell their product to whoever is allowed to buy. If you're truly worried about unlicensed applicators lowballing and underbidding you should probably take it up with your state licensing bureau and push for stricter enforcement of licensing regulations.