Life is a box of chocolates?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhicks, Aug 25, 2001.

1. dhicks

dhicks Member

I got a referral today from one of my favorite customers. As I was talking to the prospective client we got on the subject of what day I would typically be cutting her yard.

Anyway, she asked if I cut mow on Sunday (tomorrow) only because the property was a mess. I told her Sunday was my birthday and this ole boy aint hittin' a lick but would cut later today if I had time or Monday.

I finally made it over to her house at 4:00 PM and started the job. When I was done, I found a large box of Godiva chocolates and a card sitting on the trailer. What a suprize... Somedays, I think that I have the best clients in the world.

:blob4:

2. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

What a great customer. It is great to find nice ones.

I will give you a holler soon to buy you a "Birthday Beer".

Mark

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

:jester:Happy B-Day!:jester:

Thats the funny thing about our Industry. When its good - its GREAT and when its bad - its DEPRESSING!

These are definitely the sort of clientele that we want to get as many of as possible.

Enjoy your day!
    Kris

4. Happy Birthday! :blob3:

I love customers who leave or give food. However sometimes they say that it is cheaper to pay me than to feed me. For some strange reason my parents seem to say the same thing. I wonder why?:alien:

5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey dhicks,
    I hope you took them right home and out of the heat. Otherwise you would have had a box of melted chocolates. And dont go and get fat on us, with all your chocolates either ok?.....just kidding

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I had a customer leave me a note on my WB mower yesterday, "please do not mow where the grass is thin, I just swept the porch and the dust is horrable". I guess she thinks I can't blow it off?:confused: Sure wish I had found some candy.:(

7. dhicks

dhicks Member

I'm still in awe. Her getting me Godiva let alone remembering our earlier consersation really blew me away. And the best part is that she was happy with my price for mowing, etc. Shazaaam!

Chopper Lover: We'll both be too old and drinking Ensure before you call me for a beer.:D Poor Kirby...

8. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

dhicks:

Happy Birthday!

A box of Godiva chocolates and a 'thank you' note eh?

Could a dozen roses be next?

Maybe she's in love! :eek:

heheheh......enjoy the attention...and your birthday! :D

9. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Maybe she digs ya!!!!!

10. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

:bday: (belated) good for you,glad to hear of a good customer story today...Sounds like a good client already.