Life span on a liquid cooled exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BladeRunner1967, May 13, 2008.

1. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

I am looking at a used LZ27LKA604 60" Lazer 2004 with 2048 hours on it. Runs great but I was wondering what the life span of a liquid cooled unit could be? In excellent shape. Also any of the regulars out there want to give me a good idea of how much to offer for it? Thanks,

[​IMG]

2. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 60" ultra cut 27 kawasaki l/c with a shute blocker, a striping kit and a ultra vac with 1800 hrs for $2000 The engine doesn't burn a drop of oil and is very strong, the mower is in great condition. So this gives you an idea for an offer.

3. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Should last you at least 3500 hrs up to 5000. But that all depends on how it was maintained. One thing to watch out for around 2000 hrs is the muffler will come apart inside and drop junk into the exhaust port and some of it will do damage if you don't catch it in time. If you buy just take it off and shake it to see if it needs changed. That and water pump has been my only 2 real issues in 3800 hrs on my 22hp L/C Kawasaki Lazer Z. Thats a good mower for $3500 even.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

You should see a minimum of 3800-4000 hours out of the engine. Might offer $3500 or so.

5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

engines on these z's last much longer then on some other equipment because they are out in the open to breath freely. I wouldn't be worried about the 2k hours on it if the machine looks like it has been taken care of.