Lifetime Career Schools Landscaping Course

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rider1000, Jul 17, 2001.

1. rider1000

rider1000 LawnSite Member

Being so busy this time of year taking care of mowing accounts, I sent for info. from this school to take their home study course. Was wondering if anybody here has looked at or taken this course? It looks good to me, and price is affordable.

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not just buy some books and learn it yourself...same difference.

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Looked at that course for some of my crew leaders rider. You could learn more watching Home and Garden TV.

4. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I checked on it also. Looks too broad and not specialized enough.
    I found a course which is mainly focused on herbicide, and pesticide applications.
    If you want to go towards earning a applicators license, make sure you can take count "credits" toward certification.

5. Wildscapes

Wildscapes LawnSite Member

I recommend if you are going to take a home course to go with the one out of Scranton, PA. I beleive the name is now Harcourt Learning Direct. The last time I checked on their program you can get a free student membership halfway through the course in the PGMS and then after passing the certification exam at the end of the course a full membership.