Lift a burden for U.S. military families @ home

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenCare for Troops, Jan 28, 2008.

1. GreenCare for Troops

GreenCare for Troops LawnSite Member

4,500 U.S. military families are asking for assistance from Project EverGreen's GreenCare for Troops to lift a burden by caring for their green spaces while their loved ones are in the armed forces. To the rest of us it is a simple task to care for our lawns/landscapes, most of the time, but for our U.S. military families at home it is the last task on their minds. We all know the economic and environmental lifestyle benefits of well maintained green spaces. It is our mission to assist them non-profit with this burden. More than 1,000 volunteers nationwide are assisting our families at home through GreenCare for Troops; 3/4 of which are affiliated with the green industry. In managing this national program for Project EverGreen I have the opportunity and honor to converse with our military families and soldiers military wife emailed me to thank us for our assistance and said,

"It is so nice to know that there is someone on our side".

Thank you Joy.
  2. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

How about SITE we can go to if we want to donate some of our services.
  3. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

A quick search turned up this:

I'm just a homeowner and wanted to do this. I can't commit for an entire year of this though and that is required.
  4. GreenCare for Troops

Dear David,
    Thank you so much for contacting me. I have green industry volunteers and citizen volunteers that are sometimes connected with military families whose soldiers are returning within 3 - 4 months; would that work with your schedule? I would be more than happy to talk to you on the phone if you wish. I can give you more information regarding the program and talk about what you are able to assist with.
    You can reach me toll free in Minnesota 877-758-4835. Minnesota time right now is: 4:44PM. I need to leave the office, but will be in tomorrow morning at 8:00AM CST. Please call when you have a chance.
    Thank you again David for your interest in assisting our military families at home.

Sincerely, Joy.
  5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

6. GreenCare for Troops

Please visit our website: and click on
    GreenCare for Troops or call Joy in MN toll free 877-758-4835 for more information on our program. Thank you.
  7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

joy how do i get a jpeg of your logo i have the one in my sig but i would also like to get the main one to use also.
  8. GreenCare for Troops

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I just applied, but I want more information on this, and what all it entails before I commit to a season. I can NOT go in and put in hundreds of dollars worth of cleanup for the sake of being able to do a safe and effective maintenance program for the season.
  10. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

I also just applied and would like some more info on this. Thanks