lift for shop?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by HazellLawnCare, Mar 24, 2007.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone out there have a lift in their shop? I have been considering one for working on the equipment but I'm not sure which ones to look into.

2. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Funny - just yesterday I fab'ed one out of 3" I-Beam. It has an 8' span and about 8' high. The post are 10' with about 2.5' in concrete. I plan to just sling a chain over the top and hook a chain hoist to lift my mower for blade changes and stuff ..

Puttin it to use tomorrow.

HF has some A-Frame types with wheels but didn't need that myself or the expense.

3. HazellLawnCare

Actually I was thinking a air lift table or a hydraulic lift. Something where I can lift a whole mower up in the air so I am not on my knees working on it.

4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I have a hydraulic motorcycle lift table I use for 21" and 36" mowers.
    I am looking for a Hefty Lift for my ztr's.

5. HazellLawnCare

I have seen the motorcycle lift tables with the side extensions. They are more what I was thinking.

6. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

You mean one of those shop style motorcycle lifts? Not the small pump juck right. Heck I could do a few mods and get a Z up ther no prob!

7. HazellLawnCare

Yes the heavy duty motorcycle lifts. They make extensions for them so they are 48" wide. Can you put on z on one though?

8. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got the new Northern Tool Master Catalog and they have a couple of pages of different lifts in there. The sizes range from small to larger enough to lift a tractor trailer cab or a box truck. They have dual post and four corner post lifts.

Tim

9. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Ah - something like that will set you back around $1500+. I'm cheap.

HF and like the other said Northern Tool have them.