Lifted Trucks?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Duramax8832, Nov 30, 2006.

1. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Whats wrong with it? I kinda like it.

2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

looks like hes putting a new front driveshaft in...anyway it makes that step in his reciever hitch look kinda funny and useless

3. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

remember you will also raise your center of gravity, stability will be affected. Also if you pull of ever pull a gooseneck this will make things difficult to level the trailer as well as hook up. You will need some modifications.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i drive a 2006 Silverado crewcab, with a 7inch suspension and a 3inch body lift with 36" super swamper Irok tires on 20" rims. I use it daily. It draws attention i have gotten 5 customers because they said my truck caught there attention and made me stand out

5. climber

climber LawnSite Member

It may look cool but its so impracticle. You cant do anything with it. Its just a show off truck. Its like woo wee you wowed me now no one cares. So you have all this money in this truck for what? I dont know thats just my thoughts.

Dan

6. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i cant imagine tryin to lift wet grass by hand into the bed of a lifted truck id rather have it as low as possible

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the truck in the pic but not really digging front rims black and the rear chrome

8. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a 2001 p stroke 85000 miles with 6 inch lift.i pull 36 wb, 60 scag, 72 exmark every day the truck gets normal mait. this spring i spent 5k on trans, rear, hubs and brakes. before i cut grass i put on lift kits chevy have alot more parts to where out i dont sugesst it

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Man, that thing is COOL!

I am really thinking about lifting up my Ranger some and putting bigger tires on it, but I dont know if I want to put that much money in a truck I am not all that attached to. Would really like to trade that off in a couple years and get a Z71 or a F250, and then "redneck up" that truck.

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

or you could invest in something that will help your bottom line!!