lifted trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Juan91, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Juan91

Juan91 LawnSite Senior Member

opinions on using them for landscaping, we're moving up from the 08' Sequoia to a truck. First of all, my uncle has one which hes interested in selling, its a 1992 3500 silverado 454 4x4 dually. Now my main question is, it is lifted 6-7 inches with 35's (??) on it, included the dually.....is this too big (wide,tall)?

thanks for everyone's opinions.....

-Juan

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Shouldn't be much of an issue, other than the age of that truck. How reliable will it be?

A lot of guys would say NO to using a lifted truck because of the bed being higher and harder to work out of, but I doubt the bed on your uncles truck is any higher than a dump bed is. I have 2 dump bed trucks and they are certianly a stretch to get things into in the bed. It's not that big of a deal for me though, since I'm 6'4". lol.

It's certinaly a lot more truck than you need for a trailer that small. You aren't going to be able to even see it behind the truck.

3. Juan91

were getting a new trailer.......so that won't be an issue

4. LawnmastersMikejr

LawnmastersMikejr LawnSite Member

I've had trucks lifted anywhere from 4'' to 10'' and the worst part is getting in and out of them all the time. I dont have as much of a problem as some (I'm 6'6''). The older I get the more I hate getting in and out of them. My next truck will just have a leveling kit.

5. treemover

treemover LawnSite Senior Member

lifted trucks or extremely pimped out trucks are extremely unprofessional. And a lot of other things i wont say...on here.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i highly disagree! ive always had a lifted truck or socalled pimped out. i take pride in the way my vehicles look. the lifted truck goes with the theme of my company name!:cool2:

7. treemover

you talking about your truck in your sig? I guess i should explain a little better. I am talking anything 5 or more, 20" on a work truck is horrible and so on. your truck is fine. pride and pure stupid are two totally different things. With all this said... i 3" leveling kit, bigger tires, exhaust, intake and programmer on my 07 cummins

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i agree with you! my last truck had 7" of lift with 20's! it suxed gettin in and out of it all the time!

9. treemover

explaining one's self always helps out!!!! I seem to learn how to do it better

10. Juan91

ok so i got all the facts.....

1992 silverado 3500 4x4
    10" lift
    33's
    dually
    snow plow!! :)
    107,ooo miles

and a 454 V8!