lifted trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Juan91, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

have fun with that 454 man. You'll be lucky if you get 8mi to the gallon.

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Only 33's on a 10" lift!? You could put some 38" meats under a lift like that! lol. Not sure how that wold work on a dually though.

Unprofessional looking? I guess that's on you. I don't think so, but this here is the land of trucks. If you lost a customer because they think your truck is too lifted, well I'm thinking yu wouldn't want them as a customer anyway.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

10" lift and 33's??!! That truck has got to look dumb..those tires prob look like little donuts..

4. Juan91

Juan91 LawnSite Senior Member

maybe not 33's, maybe i miss-heard on the phone, i'll get a pic this weekend

5. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

lol! thats great!

6. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

my work truck is totaly stock... its also my every day truck, and as much as i'd love to throw on an exhaust and a set of wheels and tires and a small lift, i'm going with the poor man just getting by bit for now, try and squease a little more money out of my accounts for this summer

7. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

Only buy the truck if you are going to remove the lift and put smaller tires on it. You can sell the lift and put the money towards new tires. You want your work truck to be as simple as possible and cost you as little as possible on fuel and maintenance while still doing what you need it to do. If you need a dually to support your trailer weight and payload then go for it. If you don't need a dually then don't get it. Four tires are much cheaper than six tires. "Work truck" models come from the factory with minimal options for a reason. Look at your budget, see what you can afford and buy a work truck. If you work hard you will have the money to buy yourself a "look-at-me" truck before you know it.