1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lifted Trucks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gudtimes, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Gudtimes

Gudtimes LawnSite Member
    from VA

Anybody use a lifted truck for business? My guess would be no since gas prices have been outrageous, but just wondering.
  2. Dixie Cutters

Dixie Cutters LawnSite Member

Thinkin about gettin a 6" SuperLift for my F-150, already have a full flowmaster exhaust system on it, upgraded air intakes, and a few other things to increase HP, Torque and gas mileage. I'll just have to drop down the hitch adapter :)
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Not really practical but I've seen it done. I've never used any lifted trucks for work. You don't see too many lifted trucks in my area anymore. Probably has to do with how complicated the newer trucks are these days.
  4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I was young at one time now im older and maybe wiser. It cost enuff to operate a truck as it is with out going out and buying stuff that cost you more gas then to save on exspenses. But its what ever ya want to do
  5. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

How will that be towing a trailer?????????
  6. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

A lifted truck may look cool to you, but it will burn more gas, go slower, tow less, haul less weight, wear out axles and tires faster, and in general cost you more and give you less performance than stock. It will also be harder to load and unload. If you think the look is worth it, go for it but if it were me I would put the money into parts that would make the truck WORK better, not necessarily look better.
  7. Fishin LCO

Fishin LCO LawnSite Member
    from NC

I don't have a lifted truck but the truck I wont will have slightly bigger tires. Sometimes fullsize truck with huge wheel wells and small tires looks a little funny to me. I fully understand that it is not got for the truck though.
  8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I have used lifted trucks for work back when I was a teenager. I look back and would not do it again. As far as a personal truck lift it all you want, but I would not work w/ one again.
  9. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

a guy by me has a lifted truck that in huge. Its his personal truck i believe but it is fully lettered with his business name,i think i have seen him pull a trailor before. Personally i think stock trucks look alittle more professional in front of a customers house (thats my opinion) :rolleyes:
  10. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

I was actually today wondering if I could -lower- my F-150. Not to the ground like the kids do but if it was 2 inches lower it would look a little different and would be easier for me to hop in and out of. I have no idea how this is done or what it costs. The other issue is how much load capacity I would lose. It never gets close to bottoming out with the loads i generally use.