lifting a dingo

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by tnmtn, Nov 12, 2008.

1. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i was wondering if any dingo owners ever use forks on another machine to pick up their dingo and load it in a flatbed or other truck? i imagine i could carry a pallet and load it on the pallet frist then use the forks. but this would mean carrying around a pallet just in case. if anyone has any other suggestions i would enjoy hearing them.

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Why not sling it using the lifting points? Just thinking off the top of my head...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  3. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

not sure mine has lifting points. i'll look tomorrow. but it would require a pretty good lift height to have it slung below forks or a bucket.

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Lifting points should be made onto the machine so they will be on any machine..

it would, unless you find some shorter slings, I have a couple but that isnt goin to help you..

5. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

We do this occasionally when when we are doing a raised paver patio. We put the dingo inside the retaining wall and use it to move fill inside. I have never put the dingo on a pallet - we just drive the dingo on the forks and drive it off.

6. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

A good size mini ex will pick it up and set it on a truck, or inside a foundation, etc... I would imagine a loader would do the same with appropriate sling/strap/chain etc

7. raschmid07

raschmid07 LawnSite Member

Unless you have a steel pallet, I would think that a Dingo would crush a wood pallet.

8. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

i do it all the time,just set youre forks inside of the tracks and lift it up,you should also have at least 2 hooks chain on,i use a 11 foot chain and then a choker an put in the back of the trucks!no problem.

9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

we do it all the time, with our tracked units. we either drive them onto the forks (no pallet and then set them on the flatbed or use a pallet and drive them into the back of a dump truck on occasion. need a pretty heft skid or telehandler to do it because the sk650 is quite heavy.

10. bobcat9957

bobcat9957 LawnSite Member

Never done it with a dingo but we have a ASV RC 60 and have 2 long straps we just drive it on the straps and pick it up by them. We use it in foundations etc.