Lifting a Lazer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ple_1969, Oct 27, 2003.

1. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

Hello,

Let me preface this by saying that I am a homeowner and have only had my 60” Lazer for this mowing season.

Over this past weekend I changed the blades on the mower. Normally I have 2 car ramps that I drive both tires up on. This is effective, however the 2 ramps get in the way. My question to you is would it damage the mower if I only used one car ramp to drive up on. Not sure if only supporting one wheel will cause stress on the frame, hence warping it.

Thanks Exmark!
    Pete

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

People do it with their trailer ramps all the time, however I don't think I would recommend it with a car ramp. If you as a hommeowner spent $8000. for a mower, do yourself a favor, spend another buck - 20, and get yourself a Junglejack. THIS is the ultimate way to go. It's just too fast, and too easy. You put it over on the corner of your deck (where it is cut diagonal) and you're good to go. WhatEVER you do, do NOT resort to leaving your mower hanging under ANY circumstances. I cringe everytime I read about someone who uses a chainfall or something to lift the front of their deck. This is just crazy. Too many people have been SERIOUSLY injured and even killed. ALWAYS have something solid between ythe deck and the ground.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Pete,

Runner is correct in regards to safety. It's the little things that make the difference. Parking brakes (they do need adjustment) and blocking the tires.

Using one trailer ramp will not in any way hurt the mower. In fact that's the way we did it years ago. Now we use one of those fancy hoists (similar to a car hoist only smaller) like a lot of the dealers now have.......I think we're spoiling the lab guys.

Thanks

Terry

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I use a jungle jack and its more then 20 bucks, more like one hundred and fifty.
    Terry get my e mail?
    John

879-500.jpg

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Johnny,

I was out of the office yesterday. I just haven't gotten down to the other end of the plant yet to take some measurements.

I'll get back with you shortly.

Thanks

Terry

6. John Gamba

from ct

Thank you
    Don't hurry i just wanted to know if you got it.
    Johnny G.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry about the misunderstanding,... I said a buck-20, meaning $120. I guess they've gone up (like everything else) in the last couple of years, if their $150, now. STILL worth every penny, though.:)

8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

John,
    I thought you were running Meg-Mo's on your Lazer's??? Those ones in the picture sure look like Sten's Raptors??? I bought some Meg's and it seems to take too much power to run them and the UltraVac too. I'm back to singles for leaf pickup. Did you know there is a recall on the Raptor blades??

9. Florida 5 Star

Florida 5 Star LawnSite Member
    from Florida

10. John Gamba

from ct

I have a 26FI Lazer and it does take more power BUT they SUCK UP more stuff like pine needles and wet leaves.
    When i just am doing leaves that are dry i use the RAPTERS.
    On recall i already have the NEW RAPTERS, they are thicker then the old ones.
    John