1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lifting a ZTR Turf Tiger---how I do it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Two Seasons, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

This photograph shows you how I finally figured out how to lift up my Scag Turf Tiger in place to remove the blades and clean the deck.

Took removing ONE bolt and nut to remove the anti-scalp wheels---cool design Scag :cool2:

The notch was put in for the jack before I found the correct solution (remove the a-s wheels). No more car ramps!

One other thing---it's been pretty wet around here for the last couple of days---Turf Tiger was sparkling clean last weekend!

On another note, the Pro-V can be lifted by hand and held in place with a jack stand for same maintenance.

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

seems like a lot a work when driving the front wheels up a pair of car ramps would have done the same thing......Thats just me though....
  3. tinkz71

tinkz71 LawnSite Member

First you have the right idea on getting you blades off. Second I wound recomend putting jack stands under your front axel in case you jack slips because you dont have much surface for your jack to hold on. And last you cant pull your mower on car ramps because you can get to you outer blades because ramps are in the way.
  4. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, I just roll it up on car ramps. Everything is easy to get to etc. Done it so much its:waving: like an Indy pit crew. LOL

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Or you can buy a jungle jack and have the mower up, blades changed, and mower down before you have it up that way.
  6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Id either blow my brains out or get out of this business one or the other if I had to do that every day to sharpen my blades.

I drive it up one car ramp and then jack it the rest of the way so I have room for my cordless impact.
  7. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

We just pull it half way up the trailer ramp with half hanging off, this gets the middle and right blade. then drive it to the other side and get the left blade.
  8. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Thats how we do it. Very easy.
  9. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

I know what you guys are saying about the car ramps. But I need to lift it up IN PLACE as I mentioned in my initial posting (tight for space and can't be making alot of noise at night in the neigborhood---engines running). I've thought about using nylon strapping with an electric lift.

Actually, with the car ramps I could get all the blades off without any interference.

I'll bet I pulled 15# of clippings out from under that deck today. The Pro-V has the same deck---Velocity+--and seems to collect more clippings than the Turf Tiger. Baffle position seems to be the same on both decks. Cuts as smooth as the Tiger :cool2:
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I asked Scag if it would be a problem to just put the jack directly under the front of the deck to raise it. They didn't think it would be a problem. All those jungle device grab onto the deck I think.