Lifting Deck on FasTrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by JCR1709, Jun 8, 2005.

1. JCR1709

JCR1709 LawnSite Member

Happily preparing to receive my new Fastrak 20/52 and have questions on lifting the deck for cleaning, blade removal/ sharpening.

My dealer tried a Ballard Super Jack (23" of lift capability) on his demo unit and it lifted it too high so the back of the mower hit the floor. There were not any attachments on the back such as a bagger, etc. I see this company makes a smaller unit...Mini Jack with 3" less lift, does anybody know if this unit will work? Also other options for lifting would be appreciated.

I'd like to clean the unit in a non grass growing area underneath a tree to avoid the grass clumps, etc from cluttering up the driveway. Has anybody hooked up a Come Along to a heavy, tree branch to lift the mower? I don't want to lift with a come along in the garage also, to avoid grass on the floor.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. wushaw

wushaw LawnSite Member

I use a Jungle Jim for my 36" Mini Fastrak and my GH and it works as advertised. I like it.
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not sure about the Mini Jack, I would have your dealer try it and see how it works.
    I have heard of many people doing the come a long lift, just be careful and always use some floor jacks to be safe.