Lifting Lazer Z HP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by thomasb70, Oct 29, 2007.

1. thomasb70

thomasb70 LawnSite Member

Hi, I just bought a Lazer Z HP 46" and would like to know if it is ok to lift under the deck with either a floor jack or jungle jack. I'm wondering because there doesn't seem to be any bracing where the deck makes contact with the frame like on larger frame models that I am familiar with. I just ran it up on the side of the trailer to do the blades today. Thanks again for any input.

2. thomasb70

I'm still waiting for a reply from the rep on this. No offense but I just paid exmark good money for this thing and I see that you replied to someone's question about the ez rake vacuum. What does exmark have to do with ez rake anyway?

3. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

Either should work fine in my opinion. I have seen both used.

4. JHugh

JHugh LawnSite Member

The reply to the EZ Rake question was from over three years ago....Why didn't you ask you dealer this question? You paid your dealer good money. Dealers are there for a reason.

5. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

get a kubota ztr, built in jack system. dang right!!!

6. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

I use a floor jack on mine
    The spindle covers hit the frame
    Havent noticed any damage other than the paint rubbing

7. thomasb70

Thank you dwlah, obviously you are the only one with experience with this machine. I figured they would hit, I just didn't know if they were supposed to or if they would bend. As far as the EZ rake question, I didn't look at the date but the moderators should be on top of this, this is not an ez rake forum and this was not an active discussion. JHugh, I asked here because this forum should be a good source of information. The response I received from dwlah was what I was looking for, not sarcasm.

8. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

thomasb70,

The nice thing about an open forum such as this is that other customers like dwlah, can answer/discuss your question/concern. We (Exmark), don't test every other manufacturers accessories, so a response from someone who has used the equipment you are speaking of carries more merit. JHugh also had a good point in that your dealer would be more than apt to answer your question b/c you can point out exactly where you are lifting the unit.

KC

9. thomasb70

eXmark, the dealer really didn't know, that's why I asked here. I was concerned about bending the spindle covers, not whether a jungle jack can lift the thing! Once again, thanks to dwlah. He was the only one who knew what I was talking about and was able to answer the question.