1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lifting Techniques for Lazer HP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ProfTurfDude, Apr 23, 2007.

1. ProfTurfDude

ProfTurfDude LawnSite Member

I have a Lazer HP and am curious what you guys have found to be the best method for lifting the front of the unit to gain access to the deck underside? Jacking up seems diffucult due to no easily accessible lift points. The alternative seems to be lifting straps from above?

2. YB Legal

YB Legal LawnSite Member
    from NC

car ramps work pretty good. i use them on my exmarks but my toro has a z stand which is really nice. i can lift the deck anywhere i need to. i wish they came on the exmarks. however they are now an option even on the toro.
  3. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I run mine up the trailer gate, both back wheels firmly on the ground, one front wheel off the gate. Switch sides when needed.
  4. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

Put a floor jack under the leading edge of the deck.
  5. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a jungle jack, hands down the best way to get under the deck. Thats what the service guys use at all of the shops around here....
  6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Floor jack right in the middle of the leading edge for the deck. Put the brake one and use a chalk block for safety. In the field it goes up on the trailer gate.
  7. faststandard

faststandard LawnSite Member

I prefer to use 2 posts of my car hoist along with a tow strap under the front of the machine behind the caster wheels. Quick and easy.
  8. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle Jack works for me. Before I got a JJ I used the side of the ramp. I will still use it to run up right quick so the helper can look under it to see if it nedds to be cleaned but then I take it somewhere else and use the JJ.
  9. ProfTurfDude

ProfTurfDude LawnSite Member

thanks guys !
  10. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

in the shop: overhead chain hoist

in the field: