1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

light and quite trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ryno23, Mar 25, 2006.

1. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a light and quite trimmer. i have 4 cemetaries, 3 pretty big ones. I saw an ad in this months turf mag of a redmax 2300. has any one had any experience with these. any suggestions of any brand would be appreciated. thanks
  2. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa 2510 4cycle hybrid pretty light but great fuel econemy. Good trimming ability
  3. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

We did a review for Turf on the redmax trimmers at the end of last summer. It included the redmax BCZ2400 trimmer and 2 larger ones. We all liked it, because it had the same frame/handle/etc of the bigger ones.

One note: the differance in weight to move up to the BCZ2600 is only .3 lbs.

We preferred the larger ones for our applications, but I would think the smaller one would be perfect for a long job like cemetery. The little motor, although not a power house, runs VERY smooth.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.
  4. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out www.sthil.com They have a new one out 4 stroke 1lb lighter then the others and supost to be not too noisey
  5. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I'm an Echo fan, they're pretty light, real quiet, and quite nice to use.
  6. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are mowing cemetaries with it, why do you need it quiet (quite...LOL).
    Are you afraid you are going to wake the dead?

Ive been happy with the Stihl stuff and the John Deere stuff, but haven't tried anything else so I can't help ya much, except in the comic relief category.
  7. 7 IRON

7 IRON LawnSite Member
    from VT

8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Tanaka 230 -- you'll love it!
  9. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

i have a husqvarna 325LX, i like the weight of it but it doesn't run as smooth as my redmax bcz2500s did, it just died on me a few months ago. i don't need it quite, but would prefer it to be. does the 4 cycle shindy hold up pretty good. thanks for the input fellas
  10. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

just bought a 323L husqvarna today and i couldnt believe how quiet it was, ive used there chainsaws,stumpers,concretesaws,etc. I have never owned one of there trimmers till today but i like it already(i thought something was wrong with it till i took the edger out and it ran just as quiet) i really like them both the trimmer is a 323L and the edger is a 125e.