light commercial z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sneaky, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Sneaky

Sneaky LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Country Clipper. I was looking at the Jazee 17hp--42inch. Only 10 accounts to mow.
  2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have only ten accounts, why spend the money? Even in Georgia, its a bit late in the year to pick up more than a few additional accounts.

What kind of equipment are you running and what prompted you to look into more?
  3. Sneaky

Sneaky LawnSite Member

Currently using a craftsmen which is way too slow. Accts average 1/2 acre and need to be done on Sat. Have 3 potential accts that are 3+ acres. Price is 4k on mower. Only have one day to do all accts.

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Sneaky...

I hadn't heard of Country Clipper until just now when I read your post, but after looking at their products online I am pretty impressed. They don't seem any better than most commercial companies, but they look like they are on par.

I would certainly go with a larger deck than a 42". Earlier this season I almost got a 42" Husqvarna walk-behind, but after demoing the 48" model I coudln't go back. It fits through most gates, and my clients with smaller gates have let me add a larger gate on the wooden fences.

If you only want to spend $4000, rather than getting a zero turn mower, buy one of their larger hydro walk-behinds and get a pro-slide or another type of sulky. I have a sulky now, and it really keeps you from wasting much energy -- and the way I see it you will be standing behind a 48" hydro mower for less time than you will be sitting on a smaller 42" ZTR anyway, so it will kind of help make up for the operator fatigue problem.

Also, with a Pro-slide sulky you can get off and walk over uneven ground or on steep slopes or under branches, whereas on a ZTR you have to operate on it. If you can't afford a ZTR AND a walk-behind, than I'd go for a mower than can do all in one, and a 48" hydro walk-behind with a sulky is probably a good compromise.

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Country Clipper's stand up decks feature is really nice. That saves a lot of hassal.
  6. Sneaky

Sneaky LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice Trottman but no dealers within 60 miles have a wb to try. Demoed the CC last weekend and fell in love. Mows at 8mph in bahia with excellent cut. CC used to make mowers for snapper, bushhog, and several others. The icing on the cake was the stand up deck. Only remove belt and pull up in less than a minute.
  7. Dupontcar

Dupontcar LawnSite Member

I had a demo with the Country Clipper Charger model a few month's back and also came away impressed. The one handed joystick was different, but I picked it up quickly, stand up deck was a great idea, big tires. Had good speed and the cut was also very nice.
    Seem to be equal with most good z-turns made today.