light commercial ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gkinama, May 24, 2004.

1. gkinama

gkinama LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I am mowing part time. About 8 to 10 hrs. per. week. I am interested in purchasing a ZTR. All the lawns are residential. The mower has to get through a 36" gate. It also has to have a bag. The walker looks great ( out of my price range). The Fast Track by Hustler looks like a good mower, but they will not recommend it for even light commercial. The smallest commercial Hustler offers has a 44" deck. I have not seen anything else. Any recommendations for me?

2. gravely has a 34 inch ztr .....i dont own one so i cant comment on cut quality etc...check their web site out punch the gravely tab up at the top up there .its the z34 and there site says it retails for 4399$

3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

terracare owns one of those gravely 34z. Go to the picture forums and you can actually see the cut of it. If you type in gravely in the search bar of the picture forum you will find the "terra-care" picture thread. They have some good comments about the machine.

trevor

4. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like anything smaller than 42" on ZTR would be a waste. Sounds like you need a 36" walk behind.

5. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

i got a quote of 3900.00 from dealer. without mulch kit

6. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

for what?????????Gravely 34z?

trevor

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Encore also has a super-small ZTR.

8. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

I posted this last week when I just got my Gravely 34Z [​IMG]

I'm really very impressed with this machine for the speed and cut and quality. I'm selling my 36" Ferris and booking more jobs because of it...:)

9. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Want to sell me the ferris? I need a small wb.

10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Richard, I looked at one this spring at a local Toro dealer here in town. I wasn't impressed and neither was the dealer. I guess it would be OK on all flat properties, but the slightest grade makes it spin and slide sideways according to Dave, the owner. He is waiting for Encore to come back and pick it up.