light excavating

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JTS Landscaping, Jun 18, 2005.

1. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping LawnSite Member

i had thought about adding light excavating to my landscaping and lawn care business. wondering if this would be something good that is should get into.

2. Stroker

Stroker LawnSite Member

Just curious. But what kind of light excavating are you talking about? What kind of jobs would you go after.......

3. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

And what kind of experience do you have?

4. JTS Landscaping

small tower demolition, lot clearing, trenching things like that. i have some experience i have been working with one of my buddies he does landscaping and light excavating. ive done some tower demolition and trenching.

5. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Don't call it light excavation! If you put that you won't get calls because people will think you don't handle much, just say you do excavation and pick and choose jobs. People who put light in front of any work are hurting themselves.

6. Stroker

Stroker LawnSite Member

small tower demolition? What kind of tower?

7. JTS Landscaping

they were 200ft cell towers that the state police used. they went to satellite so they didn't need these towers anymore. we had to take down the fence, little building and the tower.