Lawn Care Forum banner

Light kit and mounting location for Bobcat/Woods mowers

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TomberLawn 
#1 ·
Does anybody know if there is a light kit available for the Bobcat Predator Pro and Woods MZ mowers? They are basically the same mower. I'm thinking about buying a couple cheap lights from Northern Tool and I'm trying to figure out where to mount them. If anybody has mounted lights on a Bobcat, I'd like to see a picture of where you mounted them. There are switch knockouts on the control panel. I noticed a couple of small indentations on the top of the fuel tanks. Are these for mounting lights, or just for manufacturing purposes? Any ideas would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Sorry I don't have either brand but Ferris made some and I bought the kit for my mower, they work great too, everyone thinks I am nuts but when I am mowing when its 30 degrees cooler in late summer they finally see the light....no pun intended.

#3 ·
I had lights on my Ferris 1500. Not the factory kit, but the $10 lights from Northern Tool. My friend, who is also my Ferris dealer, helped me make a couple mounting plates so they would fit where the factory kit was supposed to go. Probably saved several dollars. I think the mounting plates were a little too far forward, though, because when the front axle pivoted, it cracked one of the lenses. Or actually both of them after a while. They looked cool for a while, though.

Here's the thread where I posted pics of what I did to mount lights on the Woods: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=255841&highlight=lights

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.