Light kit and mounting location for Bobcat/Woods mowers

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TomberLawn, Dec 20, 2008.

1. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anybody know if there is a light kit available for the Bobcat Predator Pro and Woods MZ mowers? They are basically the same mower. I'm thinking about buying a couple cheap lights from Northern Tool and I'm trying to figure out where to mount them. If anybody has mounted lights on a Bobcat, I'd like to see a picture of where you mounted them. There are switch knockouts on the control panel. I noticed a couple of small indentations on the top of the fuel tanks. Are these for mounting lights, or just for manufacturing purposes? Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. LuvMyFerris

LuvMyFerris LawnSite Member

Sorry I don't have either brand but Ferris made some and I bought the kit for my mower, they work great too, everyone thinks I am nuts but when I am mowing when its 30 degrees cooler in late summer they finally see the light....no pun intended.

3. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I had lights on my Ferris 1500. Not the factory kit, but the $10 lights from Northern Tool. My friend, who is also my Ferris dealer, helped me make a couple mounting plates so they would fit where the factory kit was supposed to go. Probably saved several dollars. I think the mounting plates were a little too far forward, though, because when the front axle pivoted, it cracked one of the lenses. Or actually both of them after a while. They looked cool for a while, though.

Here's the thread where I posted pics of what I did to mount lights on the Woods: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=255841&highlight=lights