Light Kits, Dealer or Auto Zone?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by eshreve1234, May 18, 2006.

1. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

Its getting time to put lights on my 757. The Deere kit is $177, includes switch etc, two black plastic lights. Just wondering from the rest of you if a set of off road lights from auto zone etc., works just as well?

2. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what I did on my old mower. I just bought a set of lights that had the plastic housing and the little plastic brush guards over the lense. You can pick that stuff up cheaper there, than at the dealer.

3. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Yep, auto parts store. Also Tractor Supply, Northern Tool & Equipment (online also), or any farm implement place if you're in farming country.

You can also run a third light for the back. Don't forget an inline fuse for the lights! Also, if you want to, you can get a relay and power that instead of directly to the lights. It will save your switch.

A

4. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Just make sure you are within the charging system's ability with the lights on and PTO engaged.

Check the wattage on the Deere's bulbs and don't go over that number when buying aftermarket lights.

5. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

Does the deere one have that cool logo on it?