light landscaping- Flower bed redo.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by IMAGE, Aug 30, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

This took us 24 man hours, spread over 2 days. That includes time bringing the mini back and forth to the rental store,goin to the dump, and lunch both days :)

Next time this will be a one day job, just gotta get started earlier the first day. (we didnt start til 11 the first day, and called it quits at 5)

What we started with:
    [​IMG]
    How it turned out:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gotta say renting the mini was $$ well spent!

2. IMAGE

from midwest

Oh forgot to mention, had neighbors stopping by as I finished up... getting compliments and handing out cards!!

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

wow that looks good..

did you really need that mini? or was the ground that hard? I would have hand dug that if i didnt own one.. renting is a huge aggravation.. But that is just my opinion..

4. IMAGE

from midwest

Yes we needed it! Who wants to shovel all day, when you can use the mini and be done in 40 minutes?! The ground was dry black dirt, but we were digging almost a foot deep to get down to good hard clay to build our base on. When we filled our trench with Class 5 we used 4 yards, no way I would of wanted to dig 4 yards by hand. Time is money!

Rental was only 150 including taxes and everything for a half day. Oh yeah, no agravation renting here, just swing in, sign the rental contract, load up and go, 15 minutes tops.

5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

looks nice, is that the customer in pic 1?

6. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

What did the job totat run, if you don't mind my asking? Ballpark is cool.

7. IMAGE

from midwest

It was just under 2k.

Thanks, yes that is the home owner in the pic.

8. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow. Very nice. Hahaha and what part of light landscaping means an excavator?;)

9. IMAGE

from midwest

haha well its pretty light landscaping, its not like it was a whole yard redo. But we may end up doing some more work at this house. :)

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

looks good, really cleaned it up nice. I would have just had 5 mexicans do the digging and save money. But thats just me.