light string trimmer recommendations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ziob, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Yep, at least here they are. I am buying one in the near future. I don't need it for normal trimming, but it will be nice when I have some thick crap to cut down, and especially nice for using with some of the attachments I currently have for my FS90 like the chainsaw. The 90 runs it pretty good, but the added power will really make it nice.

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Excuse my ignorance on this, but is there an edging attachment/head for an FS-250R?

Sorry to hi-jack this thread! If I was to 'go light' I'd get a Husky. There's too much positive info here at LS about these. Not sure how light I'd go power-wise. I trim & edge with my trimmer and would therefore not want to step down to the lowest power. Just my opinion, though.

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The 223L has more than enough power for trimming and edging. I use mine for that when I don't have my edger handy.

Yes, and attachment for the combi system will work on and of the fixed shaft trimmers.

4. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, the FS250 can run the pole saw head, or any other attachment that Stihl makes. Nothing else is close. Yeah, a bit much for trimming weekly accounts. .
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. GlynnC

GlynnC LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 of the Kaw KGT27a's, love them. I maintained 8 others and 2 KGT27b's for a guy. Agreed, parts are harder to get--I just order mine online--better than having a dealer order and having to make a couple trips to the dealer.

Just curious, did you have exhaust port blockage with yours?

6. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

FYI...
    Kawasaki just sent out a letter to their dealers stating that they will quit making 2 cycle products Dec 2013.

7. GrassGuerilla

Sorry to hear Kaws getting out of the 2- stroke biz. I like my KRB 700b & 750b. Good blowers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Ziob

Ziob LawnSite Member

are you sure about kawi? my dealer can get 2014 models? did they go 4 stroke?

9. GrassGuerilla

A google search give results related to 2-stroke dirt bikes going out of production. No mention on the web of discontinuing 2-stroke OPE. If its true, it's sure been kept quiet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Benfield

Benfield LawnSite Member

Stihl FS100RX