1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

light string trimmer recommendations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ziob, Mar 14, 2013.

1. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Kawasaki trimmer last year. I love it! I swapped out a speedfeed head onto it and it made me love it even more. It has more than enough power to do regular trimming and super light weight.

I even bought one of those flail bade brush cutter heads for it last year and cleared an overgrown bank behind one of my customer's houses. Worked great. I think I'm gonna buy another one this year so I'll have a backup.

The only issues I had with it was when it was brand new, it bogged a little bit when you gave it throttle before it was fully warmed up. After a few weeks of use it stopped doing that. Probably just needed to be broken in.
  2. Ziob

Ziob LawnSite Member

any other suggestions besides the kawki kgt and the husq 323L?

JALEXANDERSLC LawnSite Member

Redmax light duty commercial TR2350S. Best trimmer I have ever used. Very light.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Ziob

Ziob LawnSite Member

heard the redmax has a crappy throttle trigger for long duration usage?????

JALEXANDERSLC LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Ziob

Ziob LawnSite Member

northern tool had a $50 off online code for the husky 323L.....couldn't resist was $250 shipped we'll see if its a decent trimmer or not. if anyone wants to know the checkout code was 157212
  7. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

Lately, i've been using a weedeater brand 25cc trimmer. I don't use it for heavy trimming, and it's super light. I had to get a universal spool for it. I had this in my garage for a while, but never used it until now. For heavy stuff, i'll get the echo out.

8. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, that's a good deal on a proven trimmer.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

What is light 10-12 lbs ??
    I own 332 Husq bush cutter turned it in to a lawn trimmer with a Sthil poly cut 40 head It was heavy 13-14 lbs but you could walk as fast you want and didn't have to wait on the trimmer.
    Now have 110 sthil with same head poly 40 all mine are bike handles with shoulder straps.
    So the weight isn't very noticeable.
    Been running bike handle strap trimmers since 1981 Back in the 80 there wasn't a light trimmer every part was metal not plastic
  10. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

The RedMax TR2350 is a great little trimmer. We've had no throttle problems.