light!!

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by zim bob the landscaper, Dec 6, 2005.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

how much do u charge for doing a medium size xmas lighting job i was thinking 100 per house plus cost of lights tell me if thats to low or to high

2. capitallandscapes

capitallandscapes LawnSite Member

We charge $55 per hour w/ a 6hr minimum. We also only give estimates, not bids for holiday lighting because sometimes it takes longer than you think it will.

3. zim bob the landscaper

thanks man for the info next year we might get into that i hope so

4. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Hey capital do you get most of your stuff through creative designs? I thought they were just a supplier until I saw them putting up street lights in Shawnee Mission. Are they tough competition for you KC installers?

5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

It all depends on the house. If its one story or two story. How many bushes they have. How high up... also do forget to factor in where the outlets are.

So instead I just bill it hourly, per man hour + materials.

6. capitallandscapes

capitallandscapes LawnSite Member

Yes, we get most of our supplies from Creative Displays b/c they carry everything we use and are 2 miles from my house. The installation side of the business was sold a few years ago.

7. zim bob the landscaper

have any of u guys ever blew a fuse for so much lighting??

8. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

It's really easy to overload a breaker, I try not to run more than 100' to 150' of C9 lighting on any one circuit. If you don't split your lights up and run them on different circuits you run a good chance of tripping breakers.

9. zim bob the landscaper

thanks for the info guys

10. gglawns

gglawns LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Forgive the dumb question but I had to ask. When you get your lights from the supplier how do you make them custom fit to the house? For example when a house has a small part in the roof that is only about 5 feet, how do you light that and not show any lights around it or leading up to it?