Lightest Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Mar 7, 2007.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

What is the lightest trimmer out right now? I'm looking for something light w/ power. Is Kawasaki still in the lead for lightest trimmer? What would you pick for the lightest?

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I am not positive, but I think it would almost have to be Husqvarna or Kawisaki. I think Echo is close too. These are the 3 I am choosing from for my next trimmer, right now I am thinking that will be a Husq. 323L.

3. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you may need to specify how much power you want, otherwise a sarcastic response like a pair of scissors will be on its way :)

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

husky 323 is great but robin makes one even lighter

5. Lawnwarrior

Lawnwarrior LawnSite Member

For just basic string trimming I went with the shindiawa T22 homepro. I was concerned at first because they are not commercial but after two years and no problems Im sold. Very light and plenty of power. Bought four and put two on each trailer.I use the T231X,s for the tougher stuff but we dont do much of that anymore,ditches and stuff.

6. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I think remax is known for being the lightest

7. lawnboy dan

i forgot about the shin home pro. the one i have out preforms my sorry 231.

8. johng

johng LawnSite Member

Dolmar claims there 22cc Pro unit weighs a bit over 6lb. I picked one up at the dealer and it was absurdly light.

9. mason dude

mason dude LawnSite Member

I ran the redmax 2300s last year, under 10 lbs, worked great for maintenance but just like lawnwarrior I keep a shin 231 in the trailer for anything heavy, rare though. Also consider vibration when considering weight, my wrist and elbows are becoming very sensitive to trimmers that vibrate (stihl). my 2 cents

10. lawnboy dan

dolmar is actually made by robin