1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lighting a fireplac

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by vaacutabove, Jul 8, 2014.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I am doing a general shale fireplace kit and Im looking at lighting the fireplace but the area around it will be flat patio. Any Ideas. I will be using Volt cap lights. on the steps and would like to use the fireplace as a focal point when not in use.
  2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Sound like it might be a really nice feature. Why not connect with a local lighting professional and have them do the design and specification for you? Who knows, you might even end up with a mutually beneficial business alliance.
  3. vaacutabove

Few people around me do lighting. An electrician does some work for me but this is 5 step lights and would like to do the fireplace as well but drawing blanks
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure how close you are to Richmond, but contact Inaray Lighting or Site Light is a distributor in Midlothian.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. vaacutabove

About 2 hours maybe a little I'll see if I can find pictures of what I like. The only thing I can think of is core drilling the blocks to make one flush
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

Either of these core drilled in front of the fireplace with the bulb angled at the fireplace to uplight the fireplace could do the trick.

If the fireplace has a mantle or some trim you could use some of these under the edge/lip to downlight some of the fireplace.

Each of these products have some pretty good videos that show installation, tips, product details etc...

Feel free to call us and someone will be happy to help. We're open 7 days a week with live support.
  7. vaacutabove

That exactly what I was thinking same lights and all
    Posted via Mobile Device