Lighting Automation?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by nikster78, Sep 21, 2010.

1. nikster78

nikster78 LawnSite Member

The company i was recently employed by stood by their lighting automation. However i beg to differ on the price gouging. A huge markup which to me seemed unnecessary. I like the UPB and have researched some info on the Simply automated equipment. What i am loking for is some pros and cons to this equipment versus what some of you prefer. I am self taught on the UPB stuff and have found many advantages, however as the military may say there needs to be a standard operating procedure "SOP" . What are some of your experiences?

2. RLDesign

RLDesign LawnSite Member

Hello,

Please search UPB: ABT Zone Control, Simply Automated, Insteon, Controlscapes, RadioRa2, or others to find something on this forum. I learned alot by reading old threads here and on lowvolt.org.

Hope this helps. I know the technology has changed since I read those threads, but right now I am all SAI (outside) and Lutron Ra2 (inside).

Good luck and call my cell with questions. 609-468-8488

Best regards,

Tanek

3. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

Radio RA2 now has an app for the iphone and ipod touch. Touch a button and the shades open and the lights come on outside. Of course I want to rip out my RA classic and replace it. Not happy with Lutron for that stupid situation of not allowing them to synch with one another

4. RLDesign

RLDesign LawnSite Member

Hello Bob,

I have not used classic, but completely see your point. It was a definite point that many contractors have had.

Talk soon.

Tanek