Lighting customers nice car.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Man, wish this parked in my garage. Sweet car. '67 Just thought I would share. I am doing his job today. He had his car out in the driveway yesterday and he said I could snap some photos.

riding horses0001.JPG

riding horses0002.JPG

riding horses0003.JPG

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

3. cudaclan

cudaclan LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Can you believe that Hertz (car rentals) had Shelby GT 350's available. There was a waiting period exclusively for them. Some were found to have roll-cages welded and then removed (cut). It was not noticeable until you pulled back the carpeting. It appears that it was rented for the weekends to race on the tracks.

4. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone care to guess what that might cost?

5. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

I know some guys who used to rent 4x4 F150's and go get some "practice" in before the baja 500 in Mexico! LOL So the fact people were renting and racing Shelby's sounds about right...I mean why else would you rent one unless you wanted to cook the tires off of it!? LOL

As for cost, I will say if thats an Origional car / Resto and has proper documentation that car should go for between $100K and $120K

6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Most evaluation sites put a 67 shelby gt-350, in excellent condition, at around 80k. 66's go for 120k, 65's go for 200k plus. good luck finding one for sale.

very sweet car.

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

drool.....

8. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

I heard guys used to rent the super-muscle cars and swap engines too. You'd rent one, get some beer, pizza, several friends, and an engine hoist. Swap out a Selby 350 or something for a stock 302 in a weekend. Like the previous post said, Hertz put the squash on that once they figured out what was going on.

I heard a story about a kid in high school who wore out the tires on his Camaro and thought Corvette rims would look good so he did a similar trick late night at a dealer. Dunno if the story is true but that was the story going around the school that week. I did see new rims on his car- looked like Corvette rims to me... This was back in '96 or so. Years later I asked the resource officer and he remembered the kid & car but said nothing came of it to his knowledge.

9. cudaclan

cudaclan LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

10. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

You are correct. H was for Hertz.
    The first video is a 66'. My first car was a 66 Mustang Fastback.
    It was a great car.....bought it for $750 when I was 13. Wish I still had it.

Keith