Lighting fixture a/c power cords

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Frog Lights LLC, May 6, 2005.

1. Frog Lights  LLC

Frog Lights LLC LawnSite Member

To help us provide the right goods, please advise how long would you like to see the power cord for low voltage lighting fixtures?
    For above ground lights...........

For underwater lights..............

Frog Lights, LLC
  2. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

My choice is both 25 foot 16 gauge for hub method wiring.

3. Frog Lights  LLC

Frog Lights LLC LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I have been placing 12 foot wires . I thought that the rest would be excess except for the underwater lights. I would welcome any other comments. Take a look at our mini LED spot lights. This is really hot !
    we also sponsor this site Let me know what brands you are currently installing and what styles.
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

When I still did lighting I preferred the 25' leads and used the hub method taught by Unique. I liked their transformers but thought there fixtures were overpriced.
  5. Georgia Bull Dog

Georgia Bull Dog LawnSite Member
    from NJ

They are over priced ! I like frog lights stuff.
  6. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

Use mainly Cast for my bullets. SBJ for some specialty lights. For paths using some of FX's for the small paths and Cast for larger path lights. Using less and less of FX though due to some repair problems. In - ground I use a Vista model due to it being water tight and reasonably priced. Can't use a standard well light, it would be under water here for half the year. It rains sometimes for weeks, and with the heavy clay we have they just fill up with water.

As for a transformers go, anything in the 900 watt or above I use Cast. The Cast transformers have and extra ground which allow you to actually use all the power of the transformer and they don't have to be derated. So most companies 900 watt transformers are actually 720 watt transformers. And the Cast 900 watt is equivalent to most others 1200 watt after derating.