Lighting Kit Options...

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by goombie123, Apr 11, 2006.

1. goombie123

goombie123 LawnSite Member

Hello PJ,
    I have a question for you. I totally understand the Amp draw on the light kit for the Super Z, but i was inquiring about another idea. I have the FasTrak 20/52 and i was wondering if i could get some different lights (like off road truck utility or ATV lights and mount those on my mower) i found some that fit well will match the mower better than the factory ones.. I don't want to purchase them, until I asked on the forum to get some responses. Would the draw from Hustler's kit be comparable to the lights i mentioned? Is there a standard for utility lights?

I also read on an earlier post that Digital Hour meters are now standard on Hustler mowers. I don't have on on mine (1 1/2 weeks old). Should i ask my dealer?

Any help would be great. Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Without the specs on the lights you are thinking of, I cant answer that question.
    Some models are just getting the digital hour meters now, this is a very recent change.

Pj

3. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I put a set of 55watt halogens on my MFT the day after I got it wiht no problems. I'll try to post a pic this week sometime.

4. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

They are from Wally World (Walmart) and they were 55watt. They've been fine. I got a rocker switch and mounted it in the dash too.

5. mark602

mark602 LawnSite Member

Any chance someone could post pics so I could see how they look?

6. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I have mine mounted to my "lift kit". It's in the post. So it's not apples to apples since it's a one off as of yet.

gps_jetskier

7. fishinpa

from SE PA

Ok, here's two. The wife snuck up on me the other day when I was mowing.

I do want to say that I only drilled one hole in the Hustler when I installed these lights, and that was just below the fuses (in the operation panel) for the rocker switch. These are 55w halogens I picked up at pep-boys.

I made a totally custom wire harness with dis-connects here & there so as not to interfere with any of the manufacturers engineering. Every bolt holding the lights on is one the manufacturer installed, except the mounting plate for the lights themselves, which connect to the machine using the stock hustler floor plate bolts. I didn't want to be voiding any warranties before I ever used the darn thing, ya know.

Mower1.jpg

Mower 2.jpg

8. goombie123

goombie123 LawnSite Member

Fish, Jetski,
    Awesome! thanks for the pics. Those lights look pretty cool I think that would be a good height for the lights so you get a lot of frontal coverage.
    Thanks again

9. fishinpa

from SE PA

My neighbor has a 3/4 acre lot and these things reallt light the darn world up over there.

No responce from PJ, I'm disappointed. :cry:

10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Response? to what?:laugh: :cool2:
    Your lights look very nice!!