Lighting no no

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by GreenerGrass9, Apr 1, 2009.

1. GreenerGrass9

GreenerGrass9 LawnSite Member

This is what a inexsperianced lighting installes does.

0331091522.jpg

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

And the above is an example of what an inexperienced speller types. :)

3. EOL

EOL LawnSite Member

That is funny.:laugh:

4. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Harsh Gregg!

.......but dang funny!

Keith

5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Sarry, ah jest couldn't halp muhself.

I have seen duct tape or duck tape used in bad lighting installs too.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  6. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Duct Tape and Pierce Points nonetheless!! Thats Home Depots finest right there!!

7. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

we need a thread on what we have seen at connections- duct tape, electrical tape, scotch and masking tape I have seen, along with pierce points and wire nuts with no silicone, and of course, just twisted together with nothing.

8. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

How about hot glue filled wire nuts. At least thats what I assume it was. Connections were actually quite clean. It was the 300w daisy chain that killed the system. Who knew you could put 50a fustats in a certain transformer

9. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Billy, I am quite sure you cannot put a Bussman Fustat of a 50A rating into a Nightscaping Powercenter. Just as the S-15 fustat uses a different shape base than the S-25 fustat, I would suspect that any S-50 (which are 240V by the way) would not fit into either the S-15 or S-25 Socket.

Perhaps you were mistaken? Or, perhaps the reported S-50, 240V "fustat" you saw had been forced or jury rigged into the socket? In any case, installer/maintainer stupidity cannot be entirely stopped, but don't blame the product. "It" did nothing wrong.

Personally, I prefer the instantaneous response that a fustat will provide to an overload situation. I have seen too many magnetic breakers that either do not trip, or take much too long to trip when overloads occur. Both technologies are fine for shorts, but I don't really want to have the potential for a slow meltdown under some mulch when a magnetic breaker does not respond to an overload situation. Don't believe me, try it for yourself. Load up a transformer to near is maximum capacity through the secondary circuit's magnetic breaker, then slowly start adding more load to that cable, see what happens when you gradually increase the load on the magnetic breaker.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009