Lighting no no

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by GreenerGrass9, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

They still make thoes things ??? :laugh:

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes, just as they still make incandescent lamps.

touche'

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

This guy has got my business! I will hire him when I need to get out from under my mortgage in a hurry!

4. GreenerGrass9

GreenerGrass9 LawnSite Member

I think his sunglasses needs a transformer, or atleast a photocell

5. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

I checked out the guy's website FYI here is his outdoor lighting section www.sadreedesign.com/lighting_page.htm I think the guy's intentions are good but he is obviously ignorant on what makes a quality outdoor lighting system. I LOVE the "Water Proof Tape" I wonder if FOLD or Terradek carries it? As far as using "Malibu" equipment and "hack" techniques his job didn't look tooooo? bad? (I ve seen worse) If the guy got educated, he could be a pretty good outdoor lighting guy. Someone bold should introduce him to this forum.
    ~Ned

6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Ned...this one hurts my eyes... and could explain the sunglasses. (Not that it's too bright, just that he wants to remain incognito.)

[​IMG]

7. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

Yah, that lighting design is pretty bad. Those rediculous fixture are hideous.

8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

This is no joke. A neighbor gave me a set of plastic Malibus (set of 10 4w each) along with the wire and the 30 watt transformer. I didn't want them so I gave them to my father to sell on eBay. Well he sold them today for $35 plus $25 shipping. When he told me all I could think is whoever bought them must have been on crack. Three people were actually bidding on them.

I looked them up on the web and they retail for $35 brand new in the box, the ones he sold were used.

So I must ask...which one of you on here bought them?

9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

:laugh::laugh: I thought you had some. Sorry could not resist that one. You set yourself up.

10. Mr. Quik electric

Mr. Quik electric LawnSite Member

Wow, I think I just heard the trunk of a geo slam outside. I better check it out.

Thanks, that was way too funny.