1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lighting Rigs

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by S&MLL, Aug 15, 2008.

1. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

So whats everyone drive? I notice some have trailers some trucks. Would like to see pictures and hear what everyone else is using. btw will post pics tomorrow. But our most recent truck is a 08 2500HD with utility body for service/new installs. Works pretty well a lot of lockable storage. I'm still trying to find a sleek looking back rack for ladders. I just don't want to put a big ol ugly ladder rack on it just yet. So anyway whats everyone else have?
  2. worx

worx LawnSite Senior Member

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

full size silverado with a covered bed and removable ladder racks and a 6x10 enclosed trailer.
  4. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Dakota sport Quad cab. Would like to buy a 6 x 10 trailer if I could ever start making some $.
  5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Looked up the ford transit in the above looking post, pretty cool looking car/van. would be perfect for service, but if Ford's bringing over the van from europe, why not bring over the 4 cylinder turbo diesel with it? It is a brand new engine for last year, with high pressure injection and meets the new emissions requirements in the UK for 2011. it could easily pass current emissions here. the diesel gets 40+ mpg !

my dream rig is the older ( 2007 and earlier ) dodge sprinter diesel that gets 30mpg, and I'll buy them when they drop to around 10 grand or so in the used market.

currently I've got a diesel bus, a ford full size van, 2 ford f-150's and a honda odyssey minivan, all for business. I will buy an additional used van/cargo van this christmas season.
  7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Tim you buy from JDL, just enroll int he Edge Program. Last year it was called Hitch and Grow. This is our trailer promotion we run. There are tons of otehr prizes as well like laptops, training, and cameras to name a few.
  8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

9. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I am not buying through JDL anymore. I found a distributor that actually sells Unique at a price that makes sense. I am saving literally HUNDREDS on every job.
  10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

With the end of GM's leasing programs I have no idea what I will be replacing this with come Spring 09. Perhaps a Toyota Tundra... but I hear they are nasty on fuel.