Lighting Shrink...anybody use them?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by doostain, Apr 14, 2014.

1. doostain

doostain LawnSite Member

I use them and they are awesome. Super tight and strong connection. The jacket can be torched with mapp gas and doesnt burn or melt.
    Anybody else use them and why?
    Who refuses to use them and why?

Thanks guys!

2. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

I have used them exclusively for the past 4 years. The connection is simply solid and I don't worry about a loose wire coming out of the crimps.

Time and time again, every time I go on a troubleshooting call, it has yet to be a loose connection. And I would rather support a small business.

3. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer the Ace connector with the two set screws on the barrel and the heat shrink sleeve. In a pinch, HD has barrel connectors and Raychem shrink sleeves that work the same. No wire nuts of any kind outside of a J box.

4. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I buy bulk, adhesive lined tube and crimp all of my connections with buchanan crimps. Works the same as the Light shrink. I use crimped connections for everything, however I still prefer to use sure splice DBY's in the ground and heat shrink tubing for everything above the ground that is visible.

5. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

we have been 100% lighting shrink for sometime, good stuff.

6. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

I recently tested some samples of different shrink tubing and found that many split when heating and not enough flow of adhesive. Lighting Shrink truly is a better jacket material and ample flow of material for tough connections. I am not willing to chance my systems integrity on a few cent savings, it's worth 2 bucks a connection knowing I will never come back to it again.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. trailboss

trailboss LawnSite Member

We too bought some thinner tubing and didn't like the quality. Since then we have bought the medium wall 3:1 adhesive lined tubing, and have had great success.

8. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

We've been using them for about 18 months now. Big fan. Haven't let us down yet.

9. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

If you're looking for a similar product that also features crimps and durable heat shrink tubing, check out "King Shrink Crimps" under the DryConn brand.

[​IMG]

These are recent additions to the VOLTĀ® accessories section. The connectors come in 4 sizes: Large, Medium, Small, Extra Small.

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I was pretty sure that Jeremy had a process patent on his LightingShrink Product... Strange he has not exercised it now that KING Innovation has come along and copied the product.