Lighting Strike

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by windmillservices, Sep 27, 2011.

  1. windmillservices

    windmillservices LawnSite Member
    Posts: 123

    20 Zone system struck by lighting. It is not going to be fun trying to fix this one.

    clock.jpg
     
  2. Wet_Boots

    Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 47,369

    with the ICC on the way out, you get to sell an upgrade
     
  3. greenmonster304

    greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member
    Posts: 3,076

    Probably deserved it with those thermostat control wires.
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  4. SPEEDSKI

    SPEEDSKI LawnSite Member
    from TN
    Posts: 67

    I-Core is a nice unit! We have done conventional and the DUAL....so far, so good. Cool controller.
     
  5. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

    SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,800

    At least it had a pigtail. Pete should be overjoyed by that!
     
  6. newz7151

    newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas
    Posts: 2,419

    If making money isn't fun to you, you're just too rich already.
     
  7. mitchgo

    mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,774

    most jobs out there aren't considered fun... It's called work son! Do what you gotta do!
     
  8. NC_Irrigator

    NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC
    Posts: 1,415

    did you get to ohm out any of the solenoids? looks like theres going to be some wire tracing to do! have fun...
     
  9. jvanvliet

    jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member
    Posts: 3,939

    Hope you know where the valves are, you are going to be tracking wire & replacing solenoids.
     
  10. DanaMac

    DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 13,156

    I had one earlier this summer at a church. Pro-C faceplate and cover blown off the cabinet as seen in the photo. I had only blown out this system last fall, no other work to it, so i didn't know what I was getting into. Some wires were fried going to the first junction at the first valve in the main line. two solenoids were toast. But look at the photos with the wiring. Multi strand laying on top of the ground in areas, and going into the boxes from THE TOP, and being damaged by the lids. I had no idea where the valves were, but the 521 work perfect as usual. Found all valves AND drain valves. Over $2000 later the system is back up and running, but the rest of the system is crap - bad design, bad layout, mismatched nozzles in the PGPs, poor spacing. I did go back after I was done and put the wire on the wall in conduit.

    hunter1.jpg

    hunter2.jpg

    church1.jpg

    church2.jpg

    church3.jpg
     

Share This Page