1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lighting suppliers for NW florida

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by gator10277, Feb 19, 2007.

1. gator10277

gator10277 LawnSite Member

Hello guys, I am new to the business this and wanted to help add other services other than just mowing. Wanted to know where is a good place to buy quality landscape lighting. I know to stay away from the box stores, but not much here where I live.

2. Lightscapes

Lightscapes LawnSite Member

The place to buy from is the place that trains you in how to do low voltage lighting properly. The education you receive and the experience you develop will ultimately determine how successful you are as a lighting contractor. You can rest assured that if a distributor is concerned about you succeeding in business and is also concerned about the state of the low voltage lighting industry, then they will be carrying product lines that you can be confident in installing. Find a good (probably local) distributor that cares about this industry, and you will probably be successful. All of this is far more important than just finding the lowest price or the cheapest fixture. In fact, most of the time, just the opposite will be true. Chances are if someone is selling cheap fixtures (or even good fixtures at cheap prices), they are able to do so because they are not adding value to the products.
  3. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

There you go Chris!!
  4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

well said Chris. With that in mind and being in Fl only one place comes to mind. Get with chuck or AJ at florida outdoor lighting www.floridaoutdoorlighting.com They are near orlando but should be 1 day standard shipping for you and only a short drive for seminars to learn lighting.

Be sure and tell them I sent ya
  5. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello Billy and Paul,

How was your weather out there these past few weeks? A little snow here but very cold. We had our Evening Star Lights on display at MAHTS in Atlantic City. Did very well. I can't re-post pictures here, because I've already posted pictures in the hardscaping forum.

6. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

It's almost spring here, with a high of 75 yesterday and it's supposed to hit 80 today. As for your pics, just save them with another name and them you can post them.
  7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Warm here as well.... mid 70 today. Rain this week in forcast. Hopefully this is the start of the busy season for me I always go nuts this time of year.