Lighting suppliers

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by The Yard Barber Inc., Mar 18, 2009.

1. The Yard Barber Inc.

The Yard Barber Inc. LawnSite Member

Not to mention any names but... John Deere landscapes wants way too mush for their vista lights. A 600w transformer it nearly $500 that to me is crazy high. I gave a customer a price on lighting today and they started laughing because one simple black path light alone was $212 with a 5 w bulb and JD charges for the bulb if you want something other than a 5w. Anyone out there in lawnsite land please let me know if there is anywhere in NC that does not want an arm and 2 legs for lighting. My customers cannot afford a $212 light when they need 10 of them. I have looked at some of the encore lights and they are not quite as bad but still. I am starting to more and more lights and need to find a place to get light cheaper so I can start to sell more jobs.
    Thanks everyone!

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Here you Go.......Shemin Nursery's is an awesome distributor in NC. Sorry JDL didnt work for you.

Shemin Nurs Cornelius 704-892-3295
    Shemin Nurs Morrisville 919-380-8555
    Shemin Nurs N Charlotte 704-892-3295
    Shemin Nurs Pineville 704-583-0246

3. The Yard Barber Inc.

The Yard Barber Inc. LawnSite Member

is there anything in eastern NC?

4. JoeyD

Other than John Deere this is all I have for ya! Hope this helps!!

Florida Irr Matthews (704)893-0707
    Florida Irr Apex 919-861-0543

5. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

Fold
    Calite
    terradek
    LandscapeLightingWorld

6. Terradek

Terradek LawnSite Member

Joey,
    Don't forget about your national suppliers...thanks Gr1ffin.

Gerry De La Vega
    President
    Terradek Lighting Inc.
    www.terradek.com

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  7. JoeyD

LOL.....sorry Gerry......I was trying to help him with distributors in NC as he requested!

But yes, Terra Dek and FOLD are also very good options.

8. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

How far east are you talking about. There is a Unique dealer on the east side of Raleigh off the Jones Ferry Rd exit.

9. Go Halogen

Go Halogen LawnSite Member

I can not understand why you would be charged so much for a Vista 600w trans? I buy from John Deere and my pricing is not extreme?

You may want to call around to other Deeres? If you do much business with them you should be in the Mid to upper $300s for a 600 watter.

Also, I get them to switch out lamps for me all of the time???? Usually I just request the light with the appropriate lamp. There is never a charge that way??

-Andy

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Umm, why are we discussing NET pricing here in a public forum?

MAB, I will suggest that you are caught in what we refer to as a "race to the bottom".
    1: Stop quoting your systems on a per fixture cost. You owe it to yourself, to your industry and in the end to the clients.
    2: Develop a strong relationship with a strong distributor. In so doing you will generally get much better pricing and support
    3: Stop selling a bunch of parts to your clients. A professional lighting system is much more than the sum of its parts. At the very least it is a SYSTEM but in fact, if done properly it should be a cumulation of Art, a system that provides that art, service, and the ability to be in business over the long haul in order to continue to service your clients.
    4: Change your terminology to reflect #3 above. I have clients, I do not have customers.
    5: Please do not discuss component costs here in this publicly viewable forum. It just isnt kosher. What you are able to achieve in terms of pricing does not accurately reflect that which others are able to achieve. In the end, discussing component parts here will result in the inability of others to charge what is reasonable and required to operate ongoing, professional operations.