Lights for Everride Hornet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TarheelTLC, Oct 8, 2007.

1. TarheelTLC

TarheelTLC LawnSite Member

I have the Everride Hornet and just wanted to share an experience. There are no light kits for the Everrides that I could find. Site search, dealer, email to Everride, etc. nothing came up. After seeing other mowers having lights added by using auto fog lights with issues of voltage drops, mounting, etc. I decided to seek a kit from a more established brand that may work with my mower. A local dealer sold me a kit for the Gravely that mounted perfectly to my mower. This was just luck that it worked out. The L shaped brackets normally used for the front of the gas tanks matched close to the bolts for the front axle/support. I needed to drill out the holes a little more and use Everride exisiting bolts. Drilled hole in gauge panel, mounted switch, changed connectors on power lead so that I could connect directly to battery, and SUCCESS! I do this part time because 5 kids and the money is much needed. After getting off first job day light is getting short so lights were worth the money spent. If anyone would like to know the exact kit or see pictures let me know. I don't know if there are many Everride owners out there. The lights are mounted on the front and extend above the foot rest. I am a one man shop so it is no big deal but for those who have people working for you that may not be as careful it may be an issue.