Lights on Lazer Z HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by poneal, Aug 9, 2003.

1. poneal

poneal LawnSite Member

Does anybody have any insight on putting lights on an Exmark Lazer Z HP (52,23hp). Location, light brand, ect.

2. TALLEY-HOE

TALLEY-HOE Guest

NO!!!!!!! BUT I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT ALOT LATELY SINCE DAYLIGHT HOURS ARE GETTING SHORTER THIS TIME OF YEAR. I.VE THOUGHT ABOUT WHEN LEAF SEASON ARRIVES PURCHASING A PORTABLE GENERATOR & SETTING UP SOME HALOGEN LIGHTS TO MAKE THE DAYS A LITTLE LONGER. THEN I WOULD HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SOMEBODY RIPPING THEM OFF MY TRAILER. LIGHTS ON THE LAZER WOULD BE A GOOD THING.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have a light on mine, and it works great. I used a piece of angle iron, cut a triangle out of it so I could fold to a 90 degree angle, and mounted it on my right side, high enough that the footpedal for the deck would not interfere with the trajectory of the light. Hooked directly into the battery with a fusable link. I will post some pics when I get some taken.

4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

there is a post in the eXmark section on here about lights, the current draw, and i explained the usage of L.E.D. lights. it was from a couple months ago.

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

This is an issue that mower manufacturers should address. In the real world, your not always done cutting grass at sunset. If I'm spending 10-14K on a mower, I shouldn't have to figure out how to rig up lights!

6. Where's BHB I know he can do it....Oooos he don't got a ZTR or a mower with electric start.

Easy to do.

POS and NEG wire mount light add swicth and most importantlly a FUSE.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I would use a relay too.

8. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

When do you think you'll get them posted?