Lights on mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ryan Lightning, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Can I put head lights on my walkbehind, even though it has no battery? It gets dark so early now, I may get caught in the dark.

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I asled my mechanic this same ? awhile back.

If your mower has a charging system you can run lights without a battry. If you have an elecrit blade clutch, you have a charging system, If you don't have an electric clutch you might or might not have a charging system, depends on the engine.

My 14hp kaw does'nt have one so no lights for me:cry:

3. Ryan Lightning

from CA

I have a 17 Kawi, with no electric clutch. Sounds like Im in the same boat as you! :cry:

4. Get yourself a set of flounder lights and a couple of propane tanks. That should do the trick.

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Ryan

you might want to double check .
    I think sometimes the bigger engines might all have a charging system standard in anticipation of electric clutches and such.
    I'm not sure on this and I'm not even sure how you tell.
    maybe some of the mechanics on here can help out:confused:

6. Ryan Lightning

from CA

Thanks Paul, I think your right, I just need make sure before I go though all the trouble of buying the lights, and hooking them up. I thought this would get a qwik answer?

7. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

im sure you could my snow blower has a light on it and it does not have a electric clutch
    ill take a look at it to see where the light hooks up too and get you some pics