Lights On Zero Turns?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SchultzLawnCare, Dec 31, 2007.

1. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has or had light puit of their zero turn. What brand and how much were they? thanks.

2. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have lights on my Walker and when the days get shorter it helps to have lights to finish up. I bought the kit from Walker. The majority of the wiring was already there, I just bolted the light bar on and plugged them in. I think the kit was only about $150, I'm sure that someone with some ingenuity could make one alot cheaper.

3. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I think Bad Boy's are like $100-$125 (they're made to plug and play). Like the previous poster said, if your machine isn't under warranty and you have decent wiring skills, pick up a pair of halogen lights from Northern Tool or TSC for $40-$50 and wire them in yourself to save a few buckolaz.

4. SchultzLawnCare

just wondering if you would be able to take a picture of your wiring so i can take a look to see what i have to do. if you have time.

5. tb8100

from TX

you mean like for the plug end on the mower itself? Let me know what you want me to get a shot of and I can get that for ya.

6. SchultzLawnCare

Would you get a picture of the connection from the lights to the mower. and The switch to turn on/off the lights. please

7. tb8100

from TX

Will do! :cool2:

8. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey here is a pic, had one already on my camera for someone else. It is pretty much just a 6 wire install with the harness. Pretty cool to have halogen lights to mow with. This set up is $149, but it is pretty easy to put on your mower.

grasshopper 003.jpg

9. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

halogen lights gobble up a bunch of power...+the power needed for the PTO may= discharging your battery & ruining your PTO. I think Hustler has come out with a set of super bright LED lights to retro-fit to their mowers(for those who want them) According to hustler, these new LEDs will not drain the battery + provide plently of lums to get the job done.

10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I put some cheap wal-mart light on mine this summer and where $10....they are still working andvery easy to install..